- Chicken fillet
- Briyani and tumeric powder
- Capsicum (cut into cubes)
Frames Restaurant shares this recipe to have an idea of their flavours, writes Su Aziz.
1. Surprisingly, this grilled spicy chicken cubes are moist and the familiar spiciness is also rather comforting. All you have to do is cube some chicken fillet and marinade it in briyani and turmeric powder. Leave it for an hour or two.
2. Then on a few wet skewers, alternate, cubed capsicum, peeled shallots and marinated chicken cubes. Set the oven to "grill" or your barbecue grill before you start grilling.
- Wet the bamboo skewers to prevent it from getting burnt while grilling.
- I tend to discreetly sprinkle some cooking oil from time to time to help keep the ingredients moist. Once there is obvious darkening on the corners of the chicken and shallots, they are ready for consumption.
- You can either roll them up with pita bread, as how Frames serve them, or have it with rice of your choice. I simply enjoy dipping it in a yogurt dip. A lean and mean dish for you weight-watchers out there!