- boiled rice
- 100g of kimchi, easily found in supermarkets
- 100g of tuna, drain the water or oil
- 1 piece of chicken sausage, sliced thickly
- 1 egg
- a dash of sesame oil
- 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil
- salt and Korean powder for flavouring or pepper
Su Aziz writes of a lunch box meal that has you doing a little dance before digging in. (From Ccozi & Friends Korean Street Food restaurant at Sunway Pyramid)
The spicy, salty kimchi flavours add spice and colour to the mix. Tuna, chicken sausage and egg add texture, along with their flavours. Basically, it has a straightforward wholesome taste and is an interesting feed filled with protein and carbohydrate.
1. Heat up frying pan with cooking oil. Stir fry kimchi and tuna for a minute.
2. Then add salt, Korean powder or pepper and sesame oil. Take it off the heat and put it aside.
3. Fry the egg but leave the yolk runny and part of the white gooey. This allows for easy mixing when shaking your lunch box.
4. Finally, assemble your lunch box with rice, tuna and kimchi mix beside it, sliced sausages alongside and fried egg on top.
5. Next, cover up your lunch box, hold it tight with both hands and shake to your heart´s content!
Tip: A flat, rectangular Tupperware would be ideal.