If you´re placed on blood thinners, you need a diet that has
moderate to low vitamin K content. SUZANNA PILLAY checks out
200ml low-fat milk (liquid)
40g low-fat milk powder
15ml vanilla essence
24g brown sugar
140ml egg white (from 5 eggs )
0.4g nutmeg powder
320g pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
12g brown sugar
1. Boil pumpkin in a pot until soft. Roughly mash it, then set aside to cool.
2. Add milk, milk powder, nutmeg powder and vanilla in a pot and let it boil slowly - don´t overboil. Remove from heat and let it cool in a chiller.
3. Place mashed pumpkin, sugar and yolk in a mixing bowl. Beat until creamy.
4. Combine chilled milk mixture with egg mixture and blend well.
5. Divide mixture into six portions (ramekin cups) and bake in oven at 140C inside a water bath tray for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.
6. Sprinkle brown sugar, blow torch on the surface, and it´s ready to be served.
Nutrition per 150g serving: 44.7 calories, 7.2g carbohydrate and 4.2g protein