Refreshing buka puasa meal offered by Eccucino , Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur for Ramadhan 2010
200ml coconut milk
500g beef bones (marrow) cut into 1-2cm
50g dried shrimp, (dry, fine, blended)
50g dried anchovies (dry, fine, blended)
200g beef cube (1cm x 1cm)
50g carrot (1cm x 1cm)
50g potato (1cm x 1cm)
100g red onion, sliced
20g garlic, sliced
10g cinnamon stick
20g halba mix
300ml oconut virgin oil
1 litre plain water
1. Wash the rice 3 times, strain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in stock pot, saute onion, garlic, beef bones and beef cube. Mix in halba, cinnamon stick, cardamom, dried shrimp and dried anchovies.
3. Saute until fragrant. Add plain water and boil for 1-2 hours to get right flavour. Add water if desired.
4. Put in potato, carrot and rice. Lower the heat to avoid burning the congee.
5. Add coconut milk, coriander leaf, deep-fried shallots, spring onions and serve.