Acar ikan tenggiri is one of main courses for Ramadhan Buffet Promotion at Restaurant Sri Bayu.
600g mackerel (ikan tenggiri)
2 carrots (cut into strips)
1 cucumber (cut into strips)
10g onions, cut into circles
10g garlic, chopped
30g chilli sauce
20g meat curry powder
10g chilli powder
3g mustard seeds
5g turmeric powder
2 stalks curry leaves
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt and Sugar to taste
Oil for frying
1. Scale and clean fish, cut into slices and season it with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Deep-fry fish in hot oil until golden brown. Remove fish and drain well.
3. Leave two to three tablespoons of oil in the pan. Saute onions, garlic, curry leaves and mustard seed until aromatic.
4. Add curry powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Add a bit of water, followed by the chilli sauce. Stir well.
5. Put in the carrot and cucumber. Cover and let the carrot cook.
6. Next, add the sugar and salt to taste. Add the vinegar and mix well.
7. Lastly add the fish and simmer until the gravy is according to desired thickness.
8. Serve hot with rice.