125g butter, diced
75g icing sugar, sifted
1 egg yolk
225g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp Emplex (optional)
300g whole toasted almonds with skin, halved
450g dark chocolate, melted
Small paper cases
Almond nips or chocolate rice for decoration
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolk.
2. Add plain flour and Emplex (a chemical that provides the extra
crispness to cookies, obtainable at all cake specialist shops). Fold
and mix well.
3. Take a marble-sized dough (approximately 8-10g) and wrap around half the almond. Shape into a small egg.
4. Place on greased cookie trays and bake in preheated oven at 170degreeC for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
5. Place cookies on small paper cases. Top and cover with melted chocolate.
6. Sprinkle almond nips or chocolate rice liberally over the top.