As part of YTL Corporations Climate Change Week celebration, head chef Leong Chin Onn from Lot 10´s rooftop Teeq Brasserie shows SUZANNA PILLAY how to whip up a simple dish
50g fine ground almond
30g all-purpose flour, sieved
5 egg whites
45g white chocolate, melted
1. Add sugar and egg whites into mixing bowl.
2. Then add all the other ingredients.
3. Whisk all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour mixture into a cream whipper with Nitrogen cream charger.
5. Shake well and rest for about 20 minutes, then pipe into a silicone mould.
6. Bake in a microwave oven for 45 seconds. Unmould cake.
7. Cake is ready to be served.
Note : If you are making this at home and don´t have a cream whipper with Nitrogen cream charger, you can use your regular electric mixer to whisk the cake mixture to desired consistency, says Chef Leong. Similarly, if you don´t own a silicone mould, use a glass bowl instead. Remember to rub a little butter, then flour along the sides of the bowl so that the cake can be easily removed.